Tuesday, September 4, 2007

and the winner is...!

So this is my last post on social networks and communities. And as all good things come to an end, it seems only right to end off with the Hayley's Top Social Networking Site Award.

After much deliberation (a whole 2 thoughts later) the outright winner is by far and obviously Facebook . No big surprise there...

Here are my reasons why Facebook is the best:
1) Its still addictive after a year whereas Myspace lasted about 3 months with me.
2) It is the best way to snoop on people.
3) Finding long lost mates and even though I never write them messages after the first 'hey, havent seen you in ages..' rant, I still get to snoop on them and get to rate who came out better, me or them? (come on now, we ALL do that!)
4)My mom gets to see the videos I produce in class. And I say my mom because I dont think anyone else is interested...

By the looks of things I'm not the only who agrees that Facebook is fab. There are nearly 250 000 members of the South Africa network.

But moving along, I also have other social network sites that I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy. Youtube is great because there is such a vast amount of videos that there's virtually nothing you cant watch.

The clip from Youtube that I have loved most is a French clip, although I dont understand the language, it doesnt actually matter. Watch and see for yourself



Amazing.
And to think, if it wasn't for Youtube, the rest of world would have never seen this.

Over the past posts I have come to realise that social networking sites have become an intergral part of the digital era. It's an example of how the world has become a global village as we have the ability to communicate with other people all over the world in real time as if they were sitting next to you.

Since I will be moving into the world of photography soon, I'm guessing that my new favourite social network site might just have to be flickr. At the moment I dont have an account with the site but as soon as I establish myself as the next Obie Oberholzer, I'll be sure to share with the rest of the world.

2 comments:

MEG said...

Hayley - Facebook is legend and for all the reasons you mentioned and more. Social networking sites are increasingly becoming a way to communicate with old, current and new friends. Good luck with Flickr - I'll be sure to tune in and see ure pics:)

Saikat said...

Well, facebook is a winner hands down, and that can also be a reason why people are going all out on social networking.
Here is a humourous piece about the future of social networking.
http://www.citipals.com/social_networks_mania
Enjoy:-)